Tuesday, August 07, 2012

103 degrees and yarn

Oh mercy this has been a hot last few days, I am working on getting this blanket done though but let me tell you it would be moving quicker if it was cooler.  I think it's me, I am 50 now so maybe I am going into the whole menopause thing...whatever it is I can not seem to cool down even sitting doing nothing but watching Game of Thrones and crocheting!  I am still sweating a fine sheen constantly!  Last night I just couldn't take another night of being sticky with sweat so I broke down and turned on the air conditioner....that's going to make for a lovely power bill!   I bought the first season of Game of Thrones on Friday and Katlyn and I had watched the entire season by Sunday night, so last night I went back to the Olympics and watched track events while crocheting in a much cooler environment!   I'm on the 3rd repeat and at the halfway point.  Yay, I just have to figure out if I am going to do a border or not.   
almost done with the brown stripe.
a close up of the texture
So there you have it, a quicky of an update.  Hopefully I can get this done by the weekend or over the weekend....too bad I can't crochet in the pool or can I???

Listening to:  Goodbye to You by Scandal

1 comment:

Sabrina's Creations said...

It's looking beautiful!