Monday, May 13, 2013

Used to

Well now it has been a good while since I posted anything and truthfully I haven't really worked on a whole heck of a lot to post anyhow.  I made tiny flowers and still have some in the works, but truly other then my Mom's scarf...nothing!  So on with the latest....
I got the scarf finished up and figured I'd add a couple of flowers since it was a very simple and Katlyn suggested adding some flowers to add in a bit of green to give it a little something extra.  Of course she is the one who insists it looks like a strip of bacon so I had to add something to it!
a leaf
leaves and flowers
So added flowers, leaves and some fringe...a bit less bacony now and of course I gave it to her for Mother's Day yesterday when it happened to be 100 degrees out!  Gotta love California~
finished scarf
I decided my Sister needed a little something for Mother's Day as well and whipped up this coffee cozy for her.  I was quite pleased with how it turned out.  I haven't used my embroidery skills in many moons!  No pattern, just whipped it up and freehanded the embroidery.
coffee cozy for my Sister
I thought I would play around and try to make a chicken, a taco chicken actually.  I got the circle done, now I just need to work out the rest of him...oops, I guess that makes it a taco rooster because I need all the frilly bits that a rooster has!
things in progress
Now here's another little thing in progress, it is supposed to be a skull...a flat skull but I am having a bit of a hard time with it so we shall see if I get it done.
another project in the works
Mother's Day yesterday and it was HOT outside.  Katlyn and I went to the movies to see Iron Man enjoy the cool theater for a couple of hours and then we popped over to Target to get supplies for the week and well supplies included a bit of alcohol!  It was very refreshing on such a hot day :)
it was very hot yesterday!
We did go to Disneyland last week as well with Brooke...3 days in a row!  Yikes, that's a lot of Disneyland!  I cleared my phone of pictures the other day so I will post pictures later in the week!

Listening to:  Please Don't Leave Me by Pink

No comments: