Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Learn My Lesson

Stuff happening and by stuff I mean I have actually finished things and am working on finishing things and of course starting wee little projects along the way!
My Sister bought me a chicken vase...a chicken vase you say?  Why yes indeed I do love a cool chicken vase...well to be fair I have never actually seen a chicken vase before BUT I love my chicken vase!
I got a chicken vase!
Came back from Santa Rosa and got a sore throat, thought I was getting sick but just turned out to be allergies or seriously the mildest cold in my history...whew!  Tea and E-mergencie my new friends!

sore throat helpers
This year is for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, stamps have been issued featuring each of the 11 doctors.  I got this in the mail from a friend last week and was most happy indeed!

The Doctor
So Steven came home with Katlyn and I last weekend to live and get a new life going for himself...yeah well that worked out not even a tiny bit.  He hated every minute he was here and left on Saturday morning by way of train.  So less then a week later Katlyn and I are once again by ourselves.  Silly boys!
Steven and his beer
Working on and finishing up Alysha's purse on Friday night while my Son and my Sister got pissed in the backyard...good times I tell you!  
adding a bit of edging
Steven did like my Sister's dog, he really is a giant dog!  

End of the evening
Saturday back at my Sister's for Doctor Who viewing in the evening and carne asada for dinner.  Yum!  I assembled the purse and got it finished up finally!  Added a fancy button for the closure and added a flower and ta-da all done!
done!
 Ok so you every have one of those projects that you really just can't stand for some reason?  Well I have this red and white scarf and it is seriously my most hated project lately!  First I was annoyed with the width and ripped it out and then didn't like the curling and tightness so I ripped it out yet again!  Ok new stitch, very nice...no curling, solid yet loose but for some reason it is doing my head in!  It has gone all wonky, ok not gone, it's been a bit wonky from the beginning but I thought that I could add a border around it and do a bit of a fix to the wonkiness, but working on it the other morning on the way into work (Katlyn was driving) I realized I just hated it completely.  I stopped working on it and switched to a lengthwise scarf and I am hoping that it will help. 

taken Saturday night before the hate took hold
Sunday was spent just hanging around and relaxing since my allergies were causing me such misery.  Took care of cleaning Sheldon's tank and chopping him some pretty veggies. 
Lizard food...well people food that he loves
He was happy and enjoyed his worms too!

Sheldon
I was dusting on Saturday and while moving things about I decided that my empty branches in the vase on the corner table needed some pizzazz!  Grabbed a couples of balls out of my bon-bon jar and went to work on some flowers 

using all different colors for the flowers
Ok so now it is 9:56 on Tuesday evening and the cats are pestering me for food so I better go feed them, got some more flowers done up this evening while watching Broadchurch so I will get more pictures and start getting them on the branches instead of hanging about in a bowl!

No comments: