Monday, June 04, 2012

Long time no see~

Things I been up too.  Not a whole heck of a lot I must say.  The girl leaves town and I do nothing, sad I tell you.  I decided to use up the super saver yarn I bought the day Katlyn flew out of town by making a pillow cover.  I didn't take pictures of it (that came out anyway) before it was turned into a big granny.  I am now in the process of making the back for it in the turquoise yarn you see in the picture.  It's a great project to work on while watching True Blood Season 4.  Yes, I am a year behind because I don't have HBO and wait for the DVD to come out and then am always sad that I don't have HBO!!!  Hurts even worse that Game of Thrones is also on HBO but I have to refuse to give my cable company anymore of my money!  So I just live with being a year behind other people and try really hard to avoid spoilers.  I am reading Game of Thrones right now, before watching any of the series but I have heard spoilers and am a bit disappointed.   I read spoilers for Doctor Who and fretted through all of the tenth doctor because of it.  Funny that I never knew that about myself before Doctor Who, I always liked knowing how things would turn out but then found that I was rushing through the episodes waiting for the spoilers that I knew about, not really that enjoyable.  Interesting to note, I don't consider reading the book first to be a spoiler.  Does that make any sense?  Of course it does, I read the book and then enjoy seeing how they turn it into a show.  The books are always better :)
Work in progress
How I've spent my nights lately.
 Now I have this pair of sandals, I bought them a couple of years ago and wore them for the summer and then the cold came I away they went never to be worn again.  While cleaning my closets a few weeks ago I ran across them and tossed them in the not keeping pile.  They hung around that pile for a good long time, with Kid dragging them out to play with and me just picking them up and moving them yet again.  I didn't think they were up to standard for the goodwill pile when I packed up those boxes and put them in my car. There they sat waiting to hit the dumpster when I got this idea.....hmmmm.  Yarn to match, check.  Cutely hooked up, check.  Attach to shoes....check!
Before
After!
A new pair of sandals, though after looking hard at them I think I should have gone with a bold turquoise or hot pink but them turned out pretty cute.

Dogs not caring about sandal crisis!
And there it is, my week past and now Monday is here again.  It's all good though, I have a 4 day week and leaving for Santa Rosa on Friday at the buttcrack of dawn!  Get to see my boys, bring my girl home and play with my most favorite granddaughter!  Yay me!  Pictures of all that goodness will surely follow!

Listening to: Rose Tint My World by The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the chose of colors for the pillow cover...don't have HBO either and boy do I miss it...looking into getting Netflix. Sandals are very cute!

Ronnie Anderson said...

Thank you :) I do have Netflix, but only instant and they are not current with HBO shows....alas I shall continue my wait for the DVD!