Tuesday, June 18, 2013

dream on

Not really a quick update since I have a ton of pictures, but it will have to do.  I managed to get 1 whole picture in of a crocheted item, yep 1...woo-hoo!  It was a busy week and didn't get much hooking time in, but spent lots of time with Brooke.
Last weeks bracelet, I love the button and had to use it
So Santa Rosa roadtrip Wednesday after work, Katlyn did all of the driving and I read and paid for the gas! Got in at midnight and Brooke was already asleep in my bed.  She woke me up at 5:18 in the morning to tell me that it was her actually birthday and I wished her a Happy Birthday and we went back to sleep!  Gotta love a 5 year old and her priorities!

Some early morning presents
She wanted to go to the zoo for her birthday and who are we to argue with the birthday girl! Off to San Francisco to visit the animals!  I have much better and less fuzzy pictures from my camera, these are all from my phone so the quality is hit and miss!
Off  to the zoo!
Zoo time with the girl and Christopher!
the penguins were awesome!
Chris was a spider :)
Cheesy girl while waiting for lunch.
the ride home!
Birthday dinner at Applebee's (Brooke's choice) before she had her swim lesson.  See a very busy day!
Birthday Princess
Friday was a bit less hectic, though we did manage to squeeze in a movie and order the birthday girls cake while ogling firemen and did the shopping for Saturday's bbq at the house!  Made Taco Salad for Friday's dinner and just the girls hanging out having some tasty drinks in fun glasses!

Tiki drink!
There is a Balloon festival yearly in Windsor which is where Alysha and Brooke live and the balloons launch at the park right behind the house, so I was up at 6 am with my coffee and camera enjoying the balloons rising over the backyard fence!  It was pretty cool and I took tons of pictures.  Again these are just phone shots so not fabulous quality but there you go!
I love it!
my view from the table
Katlyn joined us very late into the morning and missed most of the balloons but she didn't care much anyway.  They played on the trampoline and gave me some fabulous girly shots!
My girls being adorable!
Saturday was party day and the party was at a place filled with bouncy things and slides and rock climbing walls, basically a place for kids to run wild!

Gearing up for the rock wall
there she goes!
of course Christopher had to do it too!
Birthday girl had her own seat!
We packed up and hit the road on Sunday morning while Brooke and Chris were playing Monopoly


new game
Stopped by to say goodbye to Brandon and you know he likes to be silly!  Steven gave him goggles and he put them on!

silly boy
Chris & Brooke showed up while we were doing the goodbyes
So always a fun time in NorCal with the kids!  The weather was great and there was cake...just perfect!  Now it's the work week again and back to the normal day to day.  I did read 6 books last week and have 1.5 done so far for this week.  Maybe I should start a book blog!  Naw...just kidding, I don't have time for that!  I think there maybe pool time this weekend though as it's supposed to be a hot one, which means me, a floaty and a book...sounds like paradise!

Listening to: Never Too Late by Three Days Grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.