Monday, April 06, 2015

April is here

I did a bit of this and that, but mostly worked on the Spectrum blanket.  I made bunnies as well...lots of bunnies.  Some for a garland to display over the fireplace and some for Katlyn to wear in her hair.
A few bunnies
Katlyn requested a Tri-Force, so I made an attempt.  
A Tri-Force for the hair
Since she likes to wear things in her hair, I thought I try my hand at other nerdy things.  I did a Master Sword...well more like "based" on, but it's still a sword.  
sword
Now I hang out on Pinterest and find things all kinds of crochet things that I must make!  Well ok...usually I like seeing color combos that people put together,  I saw this gorgeous granny blanket done in different shades of green and thought it was a great idea for a gender neutral baby blanket.  My Sister says "I have tons of green yarn, come over and grab it."  I pop over to her house and we are out in the garage and she's tossing skeins of yarn me.  She decided I needed to take all kinds of yarns.  I walked out of there with 2 very full grocery bags :)
I set about sorting them into my proper color bins, which of course requires help from the dogs and a cat.  

Max over seeing it, Kid just kicking it and Stein right in the middle of it!
So a bit of stripe progress.  This blanket is very nice to work on.  Easy enough that I can read or watch TV without missing a stitch.  Of course it is Simply Soft yarn which does have a tendency to split more often then I care for, but overall it's a nice yarn and it is soft.

up to yellow stripes now
Had a very quiet and relaxing week, there was wine and yarn...always a great combo!   
Crochet and Wine
 My favorite thing about the weekends are the mornings.  After our early morning walk, the dogs and I get back in bed and snuggle in.  I read or fiddle about on my iPad and they of course sleep...good times!
Kid snuggled in
I have more stripe progress as well, I am excited to be so close to the end of this blanket.  Red will be the last color and while I don't have any pictures of it, I have actually started on the red stripes.  
only 1 color to go
Easter was yesterday and we hung out at my Sister's with a bit of wine and chocolate.

yummy
And just because it was on my lap and looking lovely I have another stripe blanket photo. 

close up in the evening
That's it for now.  I'm sure I will have more soon, since the Spectrum blanket is nearly done.  I also need to update my fireplace garland, maybe some bees...hmmm.

Listening to: I'm No Angel by Gregg Allman

No comments: